This extension module of StrataExplorer is used to create simplified buildings, structures, and excavations for display in 3D. After they have been created these buildings and excavations can be used to show the positions of these structures in 3D relative to samples, borings, wells, cross-sections, contour maps, and solids.
In version 3.13 and above this extension module has been made free for all users.
The following buildings, structures, and excavations can be created:
- rectangular shaped buildings
- irregular shaped buildings
- storage tanks
- storage piles
- underground shafts
Buildings and excavations can be selected and scaled or rotated. Multiple buildings and excavations can also be selected and aligned. Once the position and size of the building or excavation is correct, the size and position can be locked on to the project map.
Some of the features of SE-Structures module are:
- Multiple buildings, structures, and excavations can be added to a project.
- Base elevation, height, slope, tilt angle, tilt direction, position, boundary points, labels, and colors can be entered.
- The base elevation, slope, height, tilt angle, tile direction, position, and boundary points can be edited.
- Buildings, structures and excavations can be selected and scaled or rotated.
- Multiple buildings, structures, and excavations can be selected and aligned.
- Position and size can be locked and unlocked.
- Project map can be overlain on to view for the creation of the buildings, structures, and excavations.
- Buildings, structures, and excavations view can be zoomed and panned.
- Grid can be overlain on to view and buildings, structures, and excavations can be snapped to grid.
Below are thumbnails showing some of the types of displays that can be obtained using the SE-Structures: